Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How wine came to Gor.

I've been thinking a bit about changing around the business I have - you can read more about that here. One of the things that I wanted to do was expand the types of wine we had, however that proved to be difficult. Due to the laws governing wine production in my state.

Thus any wines that we add will be avilable in Second Life only for the time being.

I wrote the following story in what I hope is something similiar to the way I see a folk tale being told on Gor.


The Story of Adena, and how wine came to Gor.


Long ago, when even the Glorious Ar was still but a small village. A powerful and strong Ubar had a lovely kajira with silken locks named Adena. She was his favorite and could dance and sing like no other and whose voice was like that of the birds themselves.

However, one day she fell out of the Ubar's grace. No matter how she begged or what she did to be found pleasing, she still could not make him happy. Then one day, she decided that rather then live without this man she would rather die.

Going into the servery she found some Ta grapes, that had been caste aside for they had spoiled. Thinking to kill herself, she ate the grapes and drank the juice of them! She then fell into a deep sleep. Upon awaking she found her mood improved.

"Oh Woe, what a lowly and miserable beast I am! I can not even kill myself! How can I please my Master!" And again, she ate and drank the juice of some spoiled Ta grapes hoping to end her life. Again her mood improved.

Failing to take her own life, she crawled back to her Master the Ubar. Who upon seeing the improvement in her mood and how she served was taken aback and went to see what had such an affect on her spirits. For three more days and nights this pattern continued and each night the girls mood improved.

Fire entered her belly again and she surpassed the highest levels of service. Till finally the Ubar questioned her. "Girl, once you were miserable and could not please me! Now you dance and sing like the Adena of old. Better perhaps! What has renewed your soul so?"

When told of the strange drink and the magic it contained, he went to the servery and studied it. Then ordered a barrel made to store it.

"This I declare" he said in a booming voice that even the Priest Kings feared, "let this Ta wine travel the land, so that others my share in our joy!" With that he freed the poor lowly slave girl and declared her his Free Companion.

And that is how wine came to Gor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated however no opinion is simply ignored. I do this to avoid flaming or comments that are of questionable value.

If your comment is good or bad, as long as it's reasonable it will be posted.