Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A thief at the farm (2)

While my Master was taking this girl to the village, Master Matt suppused to kill the verr, losen the wool from the skin and....well cut it into pieces.I turned myself for not be able to look how he woold kill this poor verr.
Master Matt drove his blade through te nack of the verr as he watched the blood shoot over his fingers, feeing the crunching of the bones, " well that was the most human way" as he lays it on the floor beside me " here, all yours". I watched Master Matt just taking away the last breath of the verr, and waited untill he cleaned the inside and most of all skinned the wool. I closed my eyes fast agayn when I saw all the blood in the pure white snow. He removed the useless inner parts.
Master Mattt looked at me and asked me "girl do you know best way to get the skin off, I steal most of my food, I don't skin". I could only shake my head, "jst cut it with a very sharp knife slowly from the skin Master, but be careful it needs to be done in one movement...don't slip aside wth the knife". I hoped I was of some help with this, cause never seen a verr been skinned before
"I will try"..I'm sure I will mess it up though" and laughed, " maybe I should find a professional to do this".

"fran you hold it while I cut it...I'm sure that's the best way", I moved closer and sat on this bloody verr.

I sat still as good as I could, making myself heavy and holding my hands on it to keep the poor moveless verr stabile. Master Matt started to cut slowly the upperskin with the wool from the skin, watching it separating slowly...., While Master Matt was working with all his attention on what he was doing, Master Artan came saying Mistress Freja was missing. I sudden saw Master Matt his knife moving closer to my hand, he was speeding up the cutting, as his hand slipped away catching my hand slightly. He lloked quickly what he did wondering how bad it would be.
I screamed "AUUUUUUUUUWWWWWW, Master!!! what happened...I looked at my hand and saw the blood streaming from the top of my hand. I started to shout" This hurts", and the pain was getting worse.
Master Matt heard me screaming "what, eh nothing...." while he looked at the blood pouring from my hand, quickly tiurned to my Master to see if he noticed,wondering what he was going to do now.

"I think the verr may not have been dead" he said and laughed a little "did it bite you"
I quickly took some snow with my other hand and wiped the blood away from my hand in the hope the bleeding would stop, tears were rolling over my cheeck, the pain was unbearable. I started to bite on my lip for not making a sound and cried out loud "Master look at my hand what will happen now?"
Master Matt looked a little worried for when my Master would find out "eh I think maybe we should get you to a green...would not want to get that..cut...eh I mean bite...infected"."Do not worry girl..it will be ok" he said to me and tried to calm me down, not wanting to alert my Master who was working on a scroll for Mistress Lucee.
"Oh yes please Master let's hurry, before my Master notices something" I said with a soft crying voice. I took more snow and wiped again over my hand whitch was bleeding and would'nt stop. Master Matt gave me a cloth to cover it up and stop the bleeding a little "come lets go...lets go we leave the verr here!". He wrapped the cloth over my hand when he saw I was struggling with it and walked as fast as we could to the village.
Ariving in the village there was a little panic around, probably about Mistress Freja still missing, when Master Matt started to ask if a green was around, "this girl has cut her hand,....need a green to ook at it...it seems quite deep..."
Master Traum replied while the others where still talking about Mistress Freja's missing" just a moment I run to healers office". "No no greens around" he said, after coming back. I kept wiping my tears away with my other hand. Misress Kat said to come with her, she would put some salve on it and bandage till a healer would be able to look at it.

Master Traum kept searching and run back out of breath " the healers office is empty, but our bond has experience", and looked at the girl named yslkee.
She looked up immediately when she heard her name "please yes please" I could only say.
" this one helps her homestone physician.....may this one see the bonds hand" she said.
"Yes you may " said Master Matt
I carefuly unwrapped the cloth from my hand, closing my eyes for not to see how deep the cut was.
While she was inspecting my hand, smiled and craddled my hand and chew on her lips for a moment, at the same moemnt I heard footsteps behind me, a voice the voice of? , Master Traum greeted my Master.... MY MASTER!!!?!!
"What's wrong lil one?" he asked me, looking at me
Another bond came when she heard someone crying
I did not dare to look at my Master, kept my head bowed,
Master Matt turned and stepped away, trying to blend himself in the crowd, the moment he saw my Master.
He looked at my hand "what happened?...." then he looked into the crowd for Master Matt
I mumbled some words " a little accident my Master" and quickly hide the hand behind my back again."So tell me what happened" Master asked me. I glared to Master Matt quickly. Master saw me looking at him, raised an eyebrow..."Matt what happened?" he asked him.
"jus a little cut Storm..nothing worry about..it was either the animal was not dead....or maybe my knife slipped".
my Master walked closer to me "show me that hand" I kept turning my face away from my Master for him to see my tears. He kneeled down and reached for my hand. I could only bring my hand in front of me, still holding my face to the left.my Master took some snow and wiped the blood away to inspect the cut.
When sudden Mistress Dalilah walked in " Tal, does anyone realise Fraja is missing?"
"Storm?" The bond who helped me moved herself out the way. My Master looked backwards when he noticed Mistress Dalilah, nods a tal to her..."no I did not know that" he said. While my Master inspected my hand, Master Matt watched my Master,, answering the Mistress " I heard something about it Dalilah, artan...was asking but I was a little distracted at the time.."
My Master reached for a little bottle of paga from his belt, took the vork between his teeth and poured some over my hand My eyes were only focused to master Matt, when sudden I felt the liquid over my hand and jumped "aaaaauuuuwwwwch". Master Artan who just arrived answering to Mistress Dalilah he did not know where Mistress Freja was asked " what happened to fran?"
Master Matt said he would be back in a moment and asked Master Artan to come with him.
my Master puts the cork back on the bottle and placed it back on his belt. I started to shiver, he took a clean piece of repclothe and winded it around my hand and knotted it. He strokes my hair when he said to me we needed to go to see a healer, to give me a shot. "a shot my Master??" I asked him with eyes widened.
"my Master this really hurts, how coud this happen?" I asked my Master while I looked up to him.
"yes", he said " so it will not get an infection" "heel lil one" he said when he raised himself.
"all this because of this stupid....stupid" and hold my voice.
My Master wished all well and I followed him, thanking the bond quickly before leaving the village.
Master Matt came running into the village, when I just could hear him saying that Freja was safe.
And asked my Master how I was. "Well Matt, she needs a shot against infection she might get.

My master took me to Tharnock, the city we where before, to do my examination . Since this was a year ago this took place, my Master wanted to have me checked again.

We came at Tharnock....and all was so quite. We waited..... and waited in front of the infirmary. Where was everyone...no physicians, only a Mistress passed by to whom my Master asked if there was a green around.

My Master was thinking of another city to travel to, and so we did.

We arrived at Cardonicus, at the gate there was rather a crowd with Masters, and kajirea talking about the lateste gossips from the city.

This part you will read tomorrow....smiles...keep reading.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated however no opinion is simply ignored. I do this to avoid flaming or comments that are of questionable value.

If your comment is good or bad, as long as it's reasonable it will be posted.